Health jobs are related to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases, illnesses or injuries of patients.
All Health jobs provide service to treat patients using curative, preventative and rehabilitative care and medicine to improve the patient’s overall health. The Health sector is divided into many subsectors and encompasses a variety of jobs including surgical doctors, physicians and registered nurses. This sector also includes all those working in a hospital; administrators, technicians and emergency medical technicians. The private area of Health jobs include specialised doctors like dentists, rehab therapists and podiatrists. Each subsector has a common goal; to diagnose and treat their patient to the best of their ability.
Requirements and skills
As the Health sector includes many different professions, skills vary greatly depending on the job title. Each Health job title holds specific education, experience and personal qualification requirements. Though there are certain shared common traits that all professionals in this sector must possess including:
- Dedication to their patient’s welfare and health
- Excellent communication skills to patients, colleagues and patient families
- Kindness and compassion
- Quick thinking and the ability to work well under pressure
- Working within a team
- Comprehension of complex medical information
- Motivation and discipline
More specific skills and experience are required for each different subsector for example,
A doctor or physician is required to complete 5-6 years of medical school upon graduating from their undergraduate studies. Doctors must also complete 1-2 years of practice in a hospital under the guidance of an experienced licensed doctor.
Registered nurses must earn their degree from a nursing program or must hold a degree from an accredited nursing school in the study of Nursing Science. Nurses, like doctors, are required to complete 1-2 years of hospital practice.
The Health sector offers a great number of professional outlooks in many different areas including:
- Specialised Doctors: who work in hospitals to diagnose, treat and educate patients on disease and illness prevention methods. Specialised doctors may be present during emergencies, they also perform surgeries and care for the patient for the entirety of their stay in the hospital. Specialised doctors may work in a hospital while some have their own private practices.
- Registered Nurse: a RN performs many different tasks including taking care of patient needs, consulting with patient families as well as doctors and physicians. They may also be responsible for distributing medication and treating emergencies. Registered nurses work alongside doctors or physicians in a hospital or within the doctor’s own private practice.
- Additional Health jobs: health is a vast sector and additional jobs may include dentists, dieticians, pharmacists, surgeons, veterinarians and chiropractors. These jobs are specific to the type of treatment necessary for the patient and may require distinct schooling and additional knowledge.
Health job titles may include:
- Medical Director
- Recreational Therapist
- Admitting Supervisor
- Grant Writer
The list is infinite!
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for Health.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for Health.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for Health.
Health Jobs14,528 search results
Latest Job Offers
Other Madhya Pradesh
United Arab Emirates