Production - Manufacturing Jobs
Production and Manufacturing involve all intermediate processes required for the elaboration, integration and maintenance of product’s components.
Manufacturing production focuses on transforming raw materials into finished goods in an efficient way, through human work, machines, and biological and chemical processes. It also involves all the tasks and processes of maintenance in order to keep the product’s property and value. Workers may provide general labour by performing various tasks which support and help other, more skilled employees. Others may be skilled technicians who put in place, test, operate and remove manufacturing systems, machinery and tools.
General labourers are often required to load and unload products and materials, clean equipment, feed material into machines and observe equipment to spot malfunctions.
Requirements and skills
The common skills required, in a different degree depending on the work level, are:
- Competent math skills
- Being able to work to deadlines
- Having good problem solving abilities
- Having attention to details
- Being able to understand technical processes
- Having organisational skills
- Being willingness to accept responsibility
- Having knowledge of manufacturing standards
- Being self-confident
- Being able to communicate clearly with other staff members
The Production and Manufacturing sector offers a lot of professional outlooks in different branches. A basic and clear industry classification could be:
- Agribusiness Industry: is the agriculture conducted on commercial principles. It includes the production, processing and marketing of livestock, forest and biological agricultural products.
- Astronautics Industry: elaborates special studies.
- Automotive Industry: is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, assembly, marketing, sale and repair of automobiles.
- Cement Industry: elaborates cement and concrete from industrial rocks.
- Chemical Industry: produces acids, fertilizers, explosives, paints and other substances.
- Computer Industry: develops software.
- Food Industry: uses agricultural, fishery and livestock products for beverages, preserves, etc.
- Heavy Industry: uses huge factories where working with large quantities of raw materials and energy are needed.
- High Tech and Robotic Industry: uses the most advanced and latest technologies.
- Light Industry: transforms raw materials or semi-finished products that are intended for direct consumption of individuals and service companies.
- Mechanical Industry: produces auto parts.
- Metallurgical Industry: works with metals like copper, aluminium, etc.
- Petrochemical Industry: produces plastics and fuels.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: is dedicated to the manufacture, preparation and marketing of medicinal chemicals for the treatment and prevention of disease.
- Steelmakers Industry: transforms iron into steel.
- Textile Industry: fabrics and makes clothes from vegetable fibres such as flax and cotton, animal fibres such as wool, and synthetic such as nylon and polyester.
- Weapons Industry: includes commercial and government agencies dedicated to research, development, production, services and military and defence facilities.
Job titles include but are not limited to the following:
- Car Mechanic
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Operator
- Production Planner
- Production Supervisor
- Quality Engineer
- Technical Manager
The list never ends!
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for Production - Manufacturing.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for Production - Manufacturing.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for Production - Manufacturing.
Production - Manufacturing Jobs14,072 search results
Latest Job Offers
Bengaluru / Bangalore, Pune
Mumbai, Mumbai City, Thane
Mumbai, Mumbai City, Navi Mumbai, Thane